13 June 2007

Scott likes stories

Scott:
None of my stories are interesting, you should know that by now. I am currently the world Boring Monologue champion

Rebecca:
that isn't true... we have a blog of your interesting stories

Scott:
Have I ever told you about the time I catalogued the variations in colourin the threads that make up the carpet?

Rebecca:
no, please do

Scott:
I was wearing a brown cardigan at the time. Or it might have been green. No, it was definitely brown. I got it from the Wensleydale markets for tuppence h'apenny, which was a lot of money at the time. You young people don't the value of money these days. Or the value of a good cardigan. A good cardigan can see a man through a lot of strife. Cardigans these days don't even deserve the term. Why I bet most of you young people wouldn't even know what a cardigan was anymore! And the browns you get these days, there's no brown in 'em at all!

Rebecca:
and then what happened?

Scott:
Enough of your rushing, you kids are always wanting everything now, well let me tell you, you'll get what you're given and you'll be damn well happy to get it. And choices! Don't get me started on choices! We never had choice when i was kid, it was just a clip over the ear at Christmas and a brown cardigan for church. None of these fancy pantsy colours you see girls wearing these days. What sort of colour is lilac anyway? Lilac's not a colour, its something that should be growing in your garden. Lilac cardigans. Who ever heard of such things? It should be brown all the way, brown from sun up to sun down. Lilac. Damn kids. And how come nobody wears dungarees anymore?

No comments: